We are committed to
- Encouraging students in developing their sensory, communication and interpersonal skills
- Providing models of appropriate communication and interaction
- Encouraging independence
- Providing feedback to families about students’ successes
the Chirp Curriculum
We use the Chirp Curriculum in our One to One Classrooms. The Chirp Curriculum has been written to teach students with language disorders and cognitive delays who God is, who Jesus is, and how to follow Jesus in a way that enhances their skills and keeps them engaged. Visit the Chirp Curriculum’s website for more information about the curriculum.
Our One to One Classroom Provides
- One to One support for students.
- Sensory tools, such as weighted vests, gears, and marble run.
- Visual supports, such as illustrated lessons, visual prayer time, visual schedules, and visual communication books.
- Knowledgeable volunteers to support children and classroom teachers.
You must arrange in advance for One to One support for any student. Please contact Christie Priem for more information or to inquire about One to One support. You will be asked to fill out a packet that gives us more information about the student’s interests and needs. We will use that information to recommend the best placement for your child.
Once a student is enrolled, a volunteer will be assigned to that particular student. The volunteers will work with your student on an alternating rotation. This rotating schedule means that students get to know their volunteers, but they don’t become overly attached to any one person. This is a great help as we help students transition from being adult-dependent to being increasingly independent.
We look forward to meeting you and your entire family!
Director of Rock Point Kids
Christie Priem, M.S., CCC-SLP
One to One Team Lead
Christie Priem is a Speech-Language Pathologist who specializes in supporting the communication, behavior, and social skills of children with Autism and other developmental disorders. Her experience includes working with children of all ages and a wide variety of diagnoses.